ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:51:47 -0600
Hi Brad, we are going to try this church.  I doubt there is anything evil in
their intent but I am interested to see if they have any ungodly type slants
in attitudes because of the social norms in the area.
Gee, how wordy.
How about this, I want to see if they truely teach and try to live by the
bible's teachings without any lingering backwoods bubba type attitudes?
I am not socially normal here because I don't hunt or go muddin on my 4
wheeler and I don't believe that children are just naturally good strait out
of the womb, and it is society or bad things done to them by others which
cause them to have evil tendancies.
I have the evil tendancy to consider that everyone who lives here is some
sort of carbon copy taken from my in-laws but I know this isn't true.
I feel somewhat out of place here but since realizing that we are not
expected by the bible to act as those around us just to get along I have
realized that we do have a place here and it was a good place for us to move
to.  There were good people where we moved from but too many strangers who
passed through and were not part of the comunity, who did not value us.
Here, almost everybody know's everybody so it's friendly and I hope that
this church is friendly and that we will find a place their.
The fear is, we won't and then since it is such a small comunity, we will
have to be confronted by people who attend who will ask why we don't?
However, since we have moved here we constantly get told of other people's
churches and how we should attend with them, so it would be nice to belong
to one and to be able to tell people that.
The people Terri went to church with think that babtists are boaring and
maybe they are, not sure.
I think there is also an attitude that babtists are of the opinion that you
can do anything you want al week long as long as you repent on sunday and
then you can start over again the next week.
Probably not right of these people to voice these opinions but I don't know.
In the end, we will know more after this evening.
Terri has already said something to me this morning about how she hoped that
I understood that it was ok to go to church and enjoy yourself.
This church may be too boaring for her but I keep telling her that we are
not going for entertainment's sake, but to study the bible with like minded
people and to be more a part of our comunity.

Take Care,

Matt