ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:57:02 -0500
And God told Moses to tell Aaron and his sons to bless the children of
Israel saying:

24  The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
25  The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26  The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
(Numbers 6)

Of course, some denominations keep the blessing of this blessing for the
high and mighty clergy to place upon their congregants, and it's a no-no
for a mere lay person to use it to bless anyone.  I used it once as I was
leaving a private meeting in the home of another member, sincerely desiring
that God bless the others, and I was sharply taken to task by an elder,
telling me I couldn't do that, but only the minister of the church was
allowed to use it.

Helen