ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:04:58 -0500
I get your point, Helen, but in the example you give that is the Aaronic or
priestly blessing, to be given only by the priests (that's what the LORD is
saying, this isn't to be done by the members of the congregation, but by you
priests).  Your point (whether you realize it or not, smile) is the
priesthood of all Believers which would give you the right to bless others
in the Name of JESUS.  But blessing is always to be used very carefully, as
we can see from the many instances of blessing or promising safety to the
wrong people which haunted Israel most of their days.

One interesting thing which there is no historical proof of but is still
something to think about is that the priests hold their hands out over the
congregation as they say the Blessing because, originally, when Aaron and
the priests said the Blessing, the Shikinah Glory of the LORD, the Eminance
or Glowing that came from the face of Moses actually came out of their hands
and extended fingers onto the Congregation like an anointing.

Wow, huh?  Smile.

Paul