ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:20:13 -0700
Hi all, this might sound weird but oh well here goes anyway.

I just had to share this.  I am studying the book of Daniel and  am just
reading how each king that Daniel is under basically has to be shown that
God is who He is.  Well, in our bible study we are studying the book of Job.
Well, in our church there is this guy who just well, its sad but he is
thinking of us as God and Satan's pawns and Job is one of them too.  Well, I
finally get the picture I think and if I am wrong please let me know.  Ok,
Adam and Eve s

Ok adam and Eve sinned ok got it, Now when God called Abraham he told
Abraham that he would kmake him a father of nations or many right?  Right.
Then we have the israelites who just couldn't get it they would sin and God
would deliver them but through there sins people saw there sin and how God
delivered them, that was part of the world seeing God's mercies.  Ok so we
have all the judges and kings and trials of Israel but the world is seeing
all of what is going on with Israel and what Israels God is doing to and for
and with them.  Get it?  So God through the Israelites is showing the world
of his awesomeness.  His power what He can do.  Then we have characters like
David and Moses who sin but God loves them and He forgives them so there we
have God's forgiveness.  I remember Christ was saying how you can't
understand the old testament because and if I'm saying this wrong forgive me
but something like that God seemed cruel.  No, He's not, he is loving and
forgiving but He is a father too and what does a father do but discipline
you.  Ok so I digress sorry.  So we have David who is a man after God's own
heart David commits sins but David is a big part of the line of Jesus wow.
I'm still with Israel here, we have the prophets saying to them come on guys
get with the picture or your in trouble then the israelites are captured and
go to Babylon and then there is Daniel who is favoured with men and God and
through Daniel God shows who and what He can do,He helps Daniel interpret
dreams and stuff like that.  Then we go forward to Jesus birth death and
resurection.  Jesus gets his disciples and what do those disciples and
apostles do?  They go into all the world preaching and teaching the gospel
and here we are.  I guess my point is that if the Israelites hadn't sinned
if Job hadn't questioned God if Jesus hadn't been born died and arose again
we wouldn't have known.  I guess I am saying I see God's reasons for doing
what He did.  You even have the martyrs who through there faith died and
spread christianity through there faith.  Gosh I know what I'm trying to say
and maybe its just rambling to you all but I hope to someone it will make
some sense.

Lelia