From:
Hal De Bruyn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hal De Bruyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:50:55 -0500

I earlier mailed a message to the list on some places where one could get
Passover foods in  the area near Boston. I mentioned that the products I
mentioned had not been researched I also mentioned that companies were
changing. One of the products said that it was a Morningstar product and
that it was part of Suiza foods. When I did some further research I found.

Suiza foods no longer exists. It was bought by Dean foods. Dean also owns
Morningstar, White Wave which makes soymilk, Garelick milk (cows milk) etc.

Farm Rich Original   (1-800- 441-3321) listed as  a consumer line is only a
call answering service she did answer Dean etc.. When asked about the
whether the creamer was gluten free the operator said that they do not
describe the product as gluten free because they are always reformulating
the product and changing vendors.  This product contains mono and
diglycerides. The carton lists Morningstar and Suiza and says that Rich is
a trade mark of RICH foods. In fact there is no Suiza and Dean foods owns
the company. The list it as Pareve however the only mark is K which can be
used indeterminately and it is not one of the recognised Kosher certifying
symbols.  You have to check it out if it just says K

COFFEE RICH has the same (1-800-441-3321) number and the same response when
asked about gluten. This product has mono and diglycerides. Their carton
says that it is distributed by Morningstar and that Rich's and Coffee Rich
are registered trade marks and used with permission of Rich Foods. This
carton says it Pareve with the OU a U in a circle which is one of the very
well accepted certifying agencies

Note when a product is pareve it means that it should not contain any milk
or milk products at all.

Dean Foods is on the internet. I got their phone number from their investor
section tab. they are based in Dallas Texas
2515 Mc Kinney Avenue. Their phone is 214-303-3400. I spoke to the
Morningstar consumer person. Carol Doyle. She told me the sam e thing about
their vendors and market conditions etc.

RICH WHIP carton indicates that it is still being made by Rich Products of
Buffalo. It has the OU U in a circle Pareve mark.
RICH was described on some gfcf list I think but check it out.

Irma