From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 11:21:39 -0400

I was able to locate a chinese restaurant where we live that has buffet as
well as menu items.  I visited them prior to ordering and asked many
questions and was satisfied with the answers, 1) are the meats marinated
prior to cooking and in what?, 2) are there any thickeners used for sauces
other than cornstarch,  3)
which dishes are battered, deep-fried, etc and do you deep fry everything in
the same fryer? 4)  could I order my dishes with no spices, sauces added?  I
was assisted in choosing items from the menu that would be safe and GF , we
take our own soy sauce with no problems from the restaurant.  Three of the
family eat from the buffet and the two celiacs order dishes from the menu
(and we get to take the leftovers home).  The dessert table was check and
the Jello was checked and found to be JELLO brand and GF.  All in all we
have had excellent dining chinese after missing it for the first year of
diagnosis.

karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada