Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 09:33:12 EDT

I have been diagnosed as celiac for almost 5 years.  I, too, have found
that many Chinese restaurants are willing to prepare food with no MSG.
Many are also willing to steam vegetables and meat and serve them with
steamed rice.  While it's not the most exotic meal around, such a dish
is usually very good, has more real food in it than do the standard
menu offerings, and contradicts the recent reports that Chinese food
has lots of fat.  I have had varying success when I have asked waiters
or chefs which sauces are gluten-free; some Chinese sauces may have
hidden gluten.

Anne Westman
Griffin GA