BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 21:15:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/98 7:12:11 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

<<We must all bear in mind that our non-fiction is not always the same
non-fiction as for others. You have to sort the bullshit out for
yourself and cannot expect anyone else to take responsibility for what
you believe to be non-fiction.>>

I disagree....I think.  One is not born with the ability to recognize
bullshit...it is either an acquired taste...or an acquired skill...or perhaps
an acquired allergie...In any event, it is acquired and taught to the
uninitiated.  The teacher does have responsibility and can be expected to take
responsibility to control the bullshit to which his charges are exposed.  (If
we aren't careful this learned conversation will disintegrate into another
discussion of blue cocktail dresses.)

-jc