BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 12:15:52 -0700
It is difficult for me to respect the line between fiction and
non-fiction
as I very clearly consider all information as fiction and seriously
consider
that only fools believe in non-fiction. That may seem harsh, but I am
being
honest in my viewpoint.

If you watch the TV news and believe that it
is non-fiction then essentially what you are doing is buying into the
authority
of the newscasters to present their fictions as fact. In a free state,
such as
Bullamanka envisions, there should be allowed no tyranny of fact, as all
"objective"
observations are tainted by the biases and culture of the observer. If
you do not
think that there is a diversity of culture and viewpoint on BP then just
keep
sounding off and you will find out soon enough. It does not mean that we
cannot
function and live by our fictions, what it does mean is that to portray
anything
as non-fiction is an obfuscating farce hiding the reality of our human
nakedeness.

Non-fiction is a fabrication of our imagination that we require in order
to remain sane in a chaotic universe.

We must all bear in mind that our non-fiction is not always the same
non-fiction as for others. You have to sort the bullshit out for
yourself and cannot expect anyone else to take responsibility for what
you believe to be non-fiction.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease