From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2014 10:46:53 -0600
no surprise that kenwood commercial programming software is accessible since
their ham software is also very accessible.
good to know about the 805's and 705's because I see those at flee markets
all the time.
too bad about the tkr750 since we use several of those in our repeater
system currently...really good solid repeaters, except the solder on the
final power transistors tends to over heat and run causing no output to
occur...when we get a tkr750 we always resolder with silver solder and have
no issues anymore with the repeater going silent lol.
after two machines had this problem we don't even put them in service until
the silver solder thing is done.
Now, if I could only get my good repeater builder buddy to lend me his
signal hound gear, I could see if that's accessible or not.  We use a couple
of boxes, one is a signal generator, and the other is an analyzer, both
connect via USB to the netbook we use on site.  It can be a bit slow at
times, that is it has a slight delay when you are making adjustments to the
cans, but for tuning cans it works very very well indeed.

73
Colin, V A6BKX