Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:48:01 -0500
Below is the response which I got for my offer to buy the ts2000 Howard recently
put up on this list.  As I told him, he obviously has no control over what the
seller might do but this is an example of a reason to be very selective about
becoming a second or third party in sales advertising.

I have removed the seller's e-mail and name as she obviously didn't want to
advertise to the list herself.

Tom

From [log in to unmask] Mon Oct  1 09:41:53 2007
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:02:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joan Staeven <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: TS-2000X

Hello,
I am the person who is looking for someone to buy a Kenwood TS-2000X. My
husband passed away in April 2007. He loved this radio, but was not able
to use it very much. Shortly after I purchased it for him, he had a
stroke. The radio has probably less than 100 hours of use. It has been in
a smoke free environment and always covered up. I have the manual and
original box.

Here is the information on the ham radio, power supply, and voice
synthesizer purchased 6/12/2002 for $2,746.85.<?xml:namespace prefix = o
ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

TS-2000X: HF/ VHF/ UHF 1.2 GHz All-mode Multi-band Transceiver.

Power supply: Astron 25A Switching PS/Meters.

includes Kenwood voice synthesizer.

Also available:

Kenwood HS-5 Headphones with extra ear pieces purchased 8/1/1997 for
$80.00.

Kenwood MC-60A 8-pin AMP Desk Mic purchased 3/4/1998 for $150.00.

A friend had said that $1,400.00 was reasonable for the TS-2000X with
voice synthesizer, power supply, and the desk mic. Then I looked up what
I actually paid for everything. Now I am asking a few other people how
much I should ask for this equipment. I do not want to cheat anyone and I
do not want to get cheated.

Thank you for your interest. Please let me know what you would be willing
to pay. I have some other people interested also.

Joan Staeven

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the
impossible." Anonymous

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html