RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 17:07:10 -0700
Wes responded to Jean-Louis:
| Keep in mind that I've been experimenting with raw, and previously for
| over a year, with raw/cooked. Considering the fact that I'm only 21, and
| that I've been "at this" for well over a year, that's pretty impressive.
| I would think I would know what I'm talking about here, all things
| considered.

Jo pipes in:
Your knowledge of health sciences is off to a promising start. When I was
your age my life was narcotics, booze, cool jazz and psychedelia. Oh yeah,
school. I hope you'll continue your self-education with the same level of
enthusiasm. The experiences will come.

| Is it hard for you (and others on this list) to accept the fact that I
| personally feel better eating all raw? Believe me, I've experimented. 0,
| 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 95% raw...

Not at all. I'm glad that whatever you're doing, it's benefiting your state
of health. Are you involved with physical training as well? Have you
noticed gains in stamina, strength and flexibility through your evolving
diet?

| My body ultimately told me "no
| more cooked". It's that simple. I'll listen to my own body and intuition
| before I'll ever listen to others' "advice" or theories, or "proofs".

Right on, Wes! This attitude will help in your other pursuits as well. Keep
an openness, though, to ideas that challenge your current comfort zone. And
to be absolutely honest (to yourself) about the results you're getting.

| But I have no plans on eating any cooked, regardless of what
| http://www.beyondveg.com says, scientifically, anecdotal, or otherwise.

Give it a go and take what's useful, I guess. It's one of the more
objective health /nutrition sites I've seen (nice job Tom).

| Next thing you know, we'll have science attempting to justify pizzas,
| hamburgers, ice cream, etc... Actually, believe it or not, I saw
| something a couple years back that tried to justify pizzas, and also tv
| dinners, as being "healthful"! I'm not kidding. I wish I had the
| articles...Two different ones.

I seem to remember an article praising pizza for breakfast because it has
ingredients from all Basic 4 Food Groups (meat - pepperoni, ham, etc;
grains - wheat flour; fruits&vegetable - green pepper, tomato, onion,
pineapple; dairy - mozzarella cheese). At the risk of sounding cynical,
it's not a bad idea to ascertain who is funding a particular study. Of
course you know this but sometimes the agenda is so blatant that it makes
you want to skip breakfast altogether.

| And if Kirt thinks that what I've found for myself, to be "idealist",
| and "wearing blinders" then so be it! That's great! Kind of an arrogant
| thing for someone else to say about me though, to be honest.

Kirt has his opinions like everybody else. Move on.