RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:15:48 -0700
Rex queried:

[ Question: does "Raw Eating"  stand up to scrutiny or was it forgotten in
[ the fray?  Has it been critiqued and found substantial?  Any assistance,
[ public or private, would be appreciated.

Jo sez:

I read the book almost a decade ago as it supported the raw dietary
espoused by the purist Natural Hygiene school of thought. I really
can't recall too much but I agree with Kirt that it was largely
anecdotal based on the author's experiences with tragedy in his
family and the subsequent "redemption" of vibrant health enjoyed by
himself and the third child who was raised on all raw from day one.

I think the draw of the book lies in the undeniable passion of its
author, and to western readers, the fact that the principles of a raw
dietary was shared intimately by someone from another culture outside
California/Texas/Florida/Hawai'i (sorry about that, Chief).

I've never read Nature's First Law but the comparison of excerpts
that I've seen  clearly indicated that many passages were simply
lifted from Raw Eating.

More critically, I'd like to correspond with Mr. Hovessianan's
surviving daughter. Or invite her to join the list. Without Howard
Stern.