From:
Wolfson440 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:08:51 EST

<< I would venture that this is perhaps unduly harsh.  Wouldn't you agree that
 any attempt to improve diet is better than none at all?  Of course, the
 benefits of the diet are only available to those who do the best at
 sticking to it, but from a health perspective, I really thing that every
 little bit counts.

 Take care,
 John Pavao

 ----------
 It also seems to me that for people following the Paleo Diet that it's all
 or nothing. That if you can't or don't follow ALL the "rules" then don't
 bother with the diet at all.

John: I wholeheartedly agree with you. I just meant that the impression I get
from reading the posts is that a lot you out there (here) in the paleo diet
world seem to take that all or nothing attitude and don't leave much room for
flexibility. In my case, I've done my share of modifying the Atkins diet
(including some "cheating") and I've learned what I can get away with and what
will trigger cravings and what will cause me to gain or cause my eating to get
out of control. My diet so much better now, even with the occasional
indulgences.

Now that I've done that, I want to think about my future and my longevity.
I've seen way too many people in my family, and my husband's, die of cancer
and heart disease and diabetes at too young of an age -- I don't my family to
end up like them. That's why this theory is so intriguing to me.

And the fact that the medical establishment knows nothing about nutrition
reinforces the fact that we have to take our health into our own hands. Isn't
it  crazy to think that the entire well-being of the world -- from our food
supply to medical care -- is jeapordizing our health all because of economic
motivations??

Well, now I digress. That's all for now.
Michelle