From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:57:37 -0500
Michelle,

I'm sorry.  From the way your message was worded, my interpretation was
that that was your position, not your observation.

I personally have come full circle.  I started out on Atkins and lost 40lbs
in a little over 2 months.  I was as gung-ho as a Marine straight out of
Boot Camp.  I learned about Neanderthin and switched to it.  I had already
stopped losing weight a few weeks earlier.  But I figured this was a
temporary plateau.  This was in April.  I followed Neanderthin religiously
from April to November... and lost nothing.  And then something really bad
happened.  My attitude about the whole thing sank to the point where it was
no longer strong enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.  I started
cheating, getting back on the wagon, and cheating again.  Now every day is
a struggle.

There are people on this list who are like I was; really gung ho and maybe
who frown upon those of us who fail occasionally.  Myself, I've decided
that trying is better than not trying and I'll continue to try even if I
can't be perfect about it.

Take care,
John Pavao

---------
John: I wholeheartedly agree with you. I just meant that the impression I
get
from reading the posts is that a lot you out there (here) in the paleo diet
world seem to take that all or nothing attitude and don't leave much room
for
flexibility. In my case, I've done my share of modifying the Atkins diet
(including some "cheating") and I've learned what I can get away with and
what
will trigger cravings and what will cause me to gain or cause my eating to
get
out of control. My diet so much better now, even with the occasional
indulgences.