RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ed Kuchmy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 20:45:41 -0400
Hi everyone,

We recently took our 2 boys to the Toronto Zoo. The only available food
was a number of McDonalds Restaurants and snack bars throughout the huge
zoo. The first time we stopped to eat, I ordered a tossed salad with
french dressing. I haven't had french dressing since a while before I
changed to a raw food diet. I used to really love that dressing. This
time I found the taste to be too strong. All I could taste was salt and
very strong vinegar. I couldn't even finish my salad. The next time we
stopped to eat I almost gave in to a hamburger even though I don't want
to eat any meat. I did have some fries and an ice cream though because I
was so hungry. I'm trying to stay off of dairy too. The only other
solution for me would have been to tote around all the raw food I could
eat that day with me all through the zoo. I would not be too happy about
having to do that. I was very disappointed and felt very left out with
only McDonalds as a choice to eat.

I would like to read about any other similar experiences, comments,
suggestions, or if anyone has anything to add.

Liane