RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ed Kuchmy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 21:11:43 -0400
Lynton Blair said:
> understanding that it was not (for me) a flexible choice, it was time to
> _DecideToBe100%RF_.  the first days were the most difficult (like giving up
> smoking, or any other addiction probably).  also i used some NLP to keep my
> mind focussed on the _important outcomes_.  what helped enormously was
> having some experience with different raw foods, and having a reasonable
> availablity of those i wanted to use.

I find that not all cooked foods produce that 'addictive' reaction. I
can eat cooked sweet corn and not desire anything else cooked at all. I
can also eat steamed rice or steamed vegetables or baked sweet potato
and I also do not 'crave' cooked food. But I know if I ate fast food, or
something that is highly processed or has alot of preservatives or
chemicals, like hamburgers, french fries, sugar products or even dairy
products, food from any restaurant, I would get that craving.
On average I eat about 1 cooked meal per week. I've even had cooked
'corn speghetti'. It's isn't made with any white flour. We got that at a
health food store. I didn't crave more cooked food when I ate that
either. So it just might be 'what' you ate cooked that brought back the
cravings for more of it.

> Once i was _OnTheRightTrail_ i found that my preferences were changing -
 That happened to me with sunflower seeds. At first I LOVED them, and
then when we bought more, I couldn't stand them and haven't had any
since! I can eat 3 or 4 but that's it.

Liane