From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:02:45 -0600
the ifr1200 still goes for quite a good chunk of change judging by the ebay
listings.
You can buy a fully featured USB oscilloscope and measurement unit now for
about 400 bucks...it's called the bitscope...unfortunately it uses software
that is all graphical...
The signal hound signal generator, there are a couple, one that goes to 4GHZ
and another  that goes up to 12GHZ if you want, is around $600, but again,
it's going to use graphically based software to drive it.
This is some assumption on my part, but based on the feedback I got from the
guy who was using the signal hound sig gen and spectrum analyzer in front of
me, it appeared as though everything was set up as a graphical user
interface.
I'm not sure if either the signal hound, or the bitscope software is free to
try or if it'll function without the external unit connected.
There is some manual entry aspects, such as frequency and parameters, but
the actual realtime results appear on a graph and do not come across as
numbers or text.
Again, without actually trying it myself, I can't say for certain if it is
unusable with a screen reader.  There may be the ability to save a test and
read it in an alternate format after the fact, but that limits the ability
to test and adjust in realtime.
Either way, for about 1800 bucks, you can get the signal hound sig gen and
spectrum analyzer...which is about half of what an IFr1200 goes for I think,
and that is without an SA.

for more detail check out:
HTTP://www.signalhound.com
and