From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2012 01:52:52 -0600
just doing some studying for my license upgrade.
I saved some of the messages from the thread back in january, dealing with
calculating an RLC circuit using a very simple and effective formula that
Mike Cozzolino provided.  It does assume that you are dealing with Micro
henries and Piekoferrads, but that is typically what values are in the
questions on the exam.
Now, I'm wondering if there is an equally simple, yet effective formula for
calculating the Q of a resonant circuit, when given the frequency in MHZ,
and the value of L and R in microhenries and ohms or killohms.

73
Colin, V A6BKX