From:
Robert Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:44:38 -0600
Ron,

There is a file that is included with HP products that can cause this
behavior. With an HP scanner, check out:
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/scanners/support_doc/bps02385.html

I have also seen this happen with HP printers, but I cannot remember the
file that caused it. If memory serves, you will find a HP*.DLL in the
windows directory - it needs to go to the windows/system directory. I found
this fix in Technet when I worked for Gateway.

Robert Miller
ICQ 6995391

has a consistent problem in that whenever the Control Panel is closed a
FATAL ERROR occurs in Vxd IFSMGR (04), and then he loses all the icons
in his tray. A reboot brings everything back. We tried a Win 95

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]