From:
"Shawn M. Shea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:52:20 -0500
>Here's a doozy.  I have a font problem with
>95 osr2.1.  I hav a zillion fonts available to me on my system.  after
>modifying my display to suit my eyes I go about my business,  thngs are
>fine for a good duration (2-3 weeks)  I install a copy of Canon creative
>and tell it I dont have a canon printer.  The next time I reboot or
>switch users I lose only the font portion of the display settings (color
>etc stay the way I set them).  Here's what I've tried:  Uninstall all
>items from Canon creative, repairing font folder, and system files with
>TweakUI, edit sys.ini and win.ini where fixed, font and oem were set to
>8514xxx.fon to vgaxxx.fon, turned fontcache on and back off, obviously
>resetting the display properties, (when it allows me to, sometimes there
>is only three options, fixedsys, courier and one other), reinstalling
>Canon creative and uninstalling again, scan disk.  Each time the
>settings I change are good for the nexrt reboot sometime two but never
>three??  the only other thing I can think of is I ran a defrag and spilt
>it in to two parts about 18 hours apart.  Any ideas out there??  They
>would be appreciated, I want to be rid of the distraction and get back
>to work!!  Oh yeah, it consistantly happens on every third boot up!!
>Rick

Hi Rick! I have had a similar problem and it was simply too many fonts
installed which corrupted the file. I had over 1200 fonts installed (not to
mention it slowed down my machine). I deleted the ones that I wasn't using
and it has been fine ever since. By the way I had the exact same thing
happening where it would only show a few basic fonts in my app. menus. If
you are not using all of these I would give this a try and then defrag. Good
Luck.

Shawn M. Shea

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]