From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:43:56 -0400
I got curious about the g5rv on 30 meters and looked around the web.  What I
found said that the reason it's not a good choice for that band is swr of
16.5:1.   Swr on 20 is less than 2:1. On 80,40, 15, and 12, it's higher but
still within reason.17 and 10 meters, it's higher still, but if 10 is open
you can use the proverbial wet noodle.

While every installation is unique and the  matching range of tuners varies,
I  can see why some  people don't recommend this antenna for 30. Your
mileage may vary.  Uncle Henry can load Aunt Hilda's walker on  20 meters
but it may not be much fun.  Especially for Aunt Hilda.

73, Steve KW3A