From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 02:15:45 -0500
Patrick Macaspac's post (clipped):--

<<<< the following message appeared: BIOS Checksum Error>>>>

 The above error (as opposed to cmos check sum error) does mean that the ROM chip in your mobo containing your BIOS code has been affected/corrupted/spoiled. therefore your assumtion that you may have spoiled your BIOS is more or less correct.

The remedy is to identify your mobo manufacturer and see if you can have your BIOS flashed if at all this is possible (I really do not know)

You may find the following URL helpful.

 http://tinyurl.com/aysep

I am sure you will receive other suggestions and wish good luck.

---Venkat

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml