C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:17:18 -0400
Asking for, and accepting, help IS one of the hardest things to do for
someone who prides themselves on independence.  Even more difficult is
dealing with family and friends who are used to your doing things, and even
dependent upon your "helping out".  Not only are you embarrassed by needing
assistance, you try the patience of those who need YOUR assistance.  If
you're family and friends are wishing to serve you in this way, let 'em do
it!

Kyle