From:
Mario Genzone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:07:24 -0500
I replaced my M/B that ran a AM5x86 P75 AMD-75-133ADW cpu that worked fine for years, with win95, then upgraded to win98 1st edition with installed CD, 2 HDD, 1 floppy, 1 diskett drives, that also worked fine a few years.

But being the tinker that I am, I came across what I believe a little newer, and hopfully faster m/b. so I decided to swapped it for a PT 2003 m/b that did not have a cpu or any memory installed when I got it.

Installed a Pentium 200 with MMX tech. set m/b jumpers to FIC's instructions.
Installed two 32meg EDO memory sticks in bank 0 that this m/b supports.

I Did not change any setting in my win98 OS or drive configerations.

Now I can not boot to normal or safe mode. some times a blue screen shows an exception error message with numbers, but have no idea what it mean
s.

Found these 3 FAILED messages in my bootlog.txt
(000C5D7B) LoadFailed = ndis2sup.vxd
(000C5F01) DEVICEINITFAILED = MTRR
(000C5F89) Dynamic load failed C:\WINDOWS\system\MRCI.VXD : (000C5F89) File not found.
What are these 3 file for?

A normal boot never completes, then it tries to boot to the safe mode, which also never completes, sometimes it will automatically recycle through this procedure on it's own.

When the normal boot does not complete and when it tries to safe boot with the safe mode numbered options screen, a single speaker beep is heard along with the error message: HIMEM.SYS has detected unreliable XMS memory at address 02000760 XMS Driver not installed.

To continue starting your computer, press Enter

After pressing Enter, it goe's thru the above procdures over and over.

Any Suggestions on what to do.

Himem.sys is missing
Make sure that th
e file is in your Windows directory.

Windows has stopped, Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to restart your computer.

When I press ACD

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml