From:
Marilyn Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:42:20 -0400

David Teitelbaum wrote:
>This sounds weird but i have a friend technician that swears by it.
>Put the drive in the freezer for a short while and than try it again?!

Thanks to all for the above suggestions.  I took the drive out and put it in another computer.  Replaced the 80 wire ATA66/100 cable and used another power supply.  I even put the drive in the freezer but I still get the clicking sound and it is not recognized on boot up.  So it's off to Maxtor for a replacement but unfortunately my data has gone to data heaven.  I've learned a valuable lesson!

Marilyn

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml