From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:43:09 -0700
You can kill the modem using ctrl/alt/del.  Just end task on the modem file.

-
I have written a program that communicates via modem
with a remote hardware device.  When the connection
is not made for some reason, the modem still stays
attached even though the program exits.  I cannot
use the modem again without  rebooting.  I have had
this problem in the past with other hardware and
software, but not recently.  (Perhaps TAPI solves
this, but I am not ambitious enough to get into that.)

My question:  is there any way to reset the modem
from Windows without having to reboot?

I don't think that the system is relevant, but here
it is:
Modem:    USR #2976
MB           ASUS a7v133
CPU         Athlon 1200
OS            Windows ME; Windows 98 (both)
etc.

TIA

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml