From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 04:08:43 -0700
I don't understand your question.  In a new clean install of Win 98 there
would be no OS to save.  If you are installing it as an upgrade over the top
of Win 95 you might see that message.  If you are talking about the option
to put the Win 98 cab files on your hard drive, that is an entirely
different question.  On a new install you would  or should have a bare hard
drive with nothing on it to save.  Please clarify the question.  Joel

In new install of Win98, setup asks, and recommends, save existing
operating system. If save option is selected there is a long list of
conflicting file versions, System Information, Version Conflict Manager.
To change from current files to latter versions in backup, requires a
number of steps for each change.

Consequently, I have clicked no to save existing operating system option.
 I avoid version conflicts, while figuring if I need a file I can get it
from installation disk. Anything wrong with this approach?

Also, is there a faster way of resolving version conflicts in Version
Conflict Manager than  having to highlight, change, and reenable Version
Conflict Manger for each change?

Demetri Kolokotronis

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml