From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:40:48 -0700
nVidia is very definitely not the low-end in consumer video cards. nVidia is
responsible for the Geforce technology which is licensed by and used by
nearly everyone else.  I just bought the Geforce MX II which is the low-end
32 Mb video card.  Their top cards have 64 Mb and are the standard by which
others are judged.

I have a friend who is looking for a new computer.  One of his requirements
is a "good" video subsystem.  Not a great subsystem, he will not be doing
much in the was of gamming but he does do a lot in desktop publishing -
Photoshop and the like.

I know enough about this to be dangerous as I have not been following the
components lately.  I seem to remember reading somewhere that Nvidia was
among the "low end" solutions for video.  I am looking for thoughts,
comments, suggestions and resources to check out to get me back up to speed.
I need to check out video now and in a month or so I'll be looking for a new
systemboard for my computer.  Thanks.

- Wayne Copeland

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml