From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:42:15 -0400
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Hans Kylberg wrote:

> Of course we can combine the paleo and the scientific ways to look at it,
> but one of the paleo ideas is that we still know too little to rely on
> the scientific way, it can only be used as a helper.

Well put.  In this case the "paleo" distrust of science is of
course self-refuting, since our main avenue of access to paleo is
science.  In particular, I tend to think that our various
reconstructions are so vague and lacking in detail that they can
never amount to more than *sketches* of paleolithic diet.  As
little as we may know about the science of nutrtion, we also know
very little about what paleo people actually ate, day in and day
out.  So, in my view, we should make use of whatever information
we have.

In this case, I'm aware that there are different forms of casein.
What I don't know is whether there are as many different forms as
there are mammalian species.  I have the idea that this knowledge
is out there somewhere, but I don't know where to look for it.

Todd Moody