From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:44:46 -0400
On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Oliva wrote:

> The biggest irritant for me is the hypocrisy of one of the "backers" of the
> study....  He makes his living on boxed cereal and grains....  among other
> things I imagine....  Where in this diet was grains?  Why would someone back
> a study without grains when it's obvious that grains is what butters his
> bread?  There is something missing in this.....  Oliva

That's not hard to see.  Although the diet excludes grains, it is
also pointed out that the diet is very difficult to do, and to
most people the exclusion or inclusion of grains would be a minor
detail.  What is more glaring is the exclusion of meat.  We on
this list are very sensitized about the use of grains, but most
people would just see this as a vegan diet study.  The backer of
the study will be very happy if this study is perceived as a
major validation of vegan diets, because he knows that the vast
majority of people who attempt a vegan diet will eat plenty of
grains.

Always remember that outside of this list there are *very* few
people who can even imagine that nice, wholesome, whole grains
might not be good people food.

Todd Moody