RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:29:22 -1000
jean-claude:
> the addictive aromas created by half
> burning it ( once weaned from them they are not attractive anymore )

I respect your experience, yet that has not been my experience. After over
eight years all raw (and with plenty of RAF) the two smells that were
_extremely_ attractive to both my wife and I were barbecued meat and steamed
veggies. Both of which are a staple in our diet these days...

> , i
> don't understand that cooked meat is said to be tastier than  raw it is
> allways drier,  more difficult to chew and unflavorfull .

Again, this is your experience, hardly something to generalize to the entire
human population.

> Cooking meat have the superiority over raw meat that it will not be  so
> repulsive when not needed by the body, so you swalow it anyway.

And it may be because humans have been cooking meat long enough to adapt to
it to an important degree. My conclusion after many years is that I am not
perfectly adapted to an all-raw diet nor an all-cooked diet.

> A meat chosen instinctively like shrimp or crab is allways far superior
> tasting than the lifeless cooked counterpart.

"Allways" in not a word justified in this instance unless you are referring
only to your own experience--perhaps you are.

Cheers,
Kirt