RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:46:23 -0700
Martha wrote:
I know that it is wrong to plagiarize without giving the real author
recognition but the important thing is that the ideas are made
available to the world. Once ideas are shared they belong to everyone.

Hi Martha - I agree that sharing ideas about the benefits of raw food
is to be encouraged. I'm not sure stealing someone else's writings
under the guise of proclaiming oneself a guru and profiting from this
theft adds any value to the community at large. There are other
writers who have taken similar concepts and have contributed and
forwarded their own interpretations. And they've done it without
blatantly plagiarizing their sources.

The more pertinent issue is that it may be beneficial to avoid
justifying such theft as serving the larger good - popularizing the
raw food lifestyle. If anything, this kind of dishonest behavior
leaves a smelly blemish.

Best regards,
Jo