From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 22:44:20 -0500
No, there are no drivers necessary for IDE CD-ROMs or CD-RW drives used
as readers.  You DO need software to write CDs in the CD-RW drive but
these are not considered to be "drivers".  I have a Creative 32X and
I've always had problems with it locking up my PC when copying a very
large file from a CD to the hard disk.

I could get it to work at the expense of it working slower by changing
the cache size. Go to Settings, Control Panel, System and choose the
Performance tab, then click on the File System button and then choose
the CD-ROM tab.  Change the "Supplemental cache size" setting to its
lowest value and see if this helps.