Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 21:03:26 +1000
"Donald E. Gulmire, Jr." wrote:

> I need some information on CDRom installation.  I have a Creative 48X and a
> Memorex CRW16220 CD writer.  My device manager say's that no drivers are
> required for these devices.  Are there Windows 98 drivers that must be
> loaded for these?

No, as far as I know, windows drivers are fine for CD drives. CD writer
requires software to record CDs, that's all, no special drivers.

>  How do I update them?

You may go to both Creative and Mormorex websites, they may have new drivers,
but normally you don't need them unless you have to work in DOS.

>  My Creative is relatively new but
> it hangs from time to time.

Can you give more details on this problem? eg does it hang when loading stuff
or play music or some other situations, without knowing the details, it is hard
to say where goes wrong.

Jun Qian

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html