From:
Kathy Velasquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:48:52 -0400

Hi everyone.  I hope you can help.  I evaluated a patient (I'm a
physical therapist) the other day, and he ohas many "daignoses" relatedf
to CD but has never been given a complete explanation for his physical
state.  He is rail thin, at 6 foot tall about 120 lbs., chronically
fatigues, anemic colitis, amongst a host of other CD related things.  I
spoke to him and his wife in depth about CD, my diagnosis, and how he
has all the signs and symptoms.  They are going to pursue the blood
tests.  The doctors have not given a good prognosis either as to life
expectancy.  Anyway, about three weeks ago he had sudden hearing loss.
The ENT doc could not find out the cause.  Has anyone heard of this
associated with CD, if he indeed has CD?  Any refernces or suggestions
would be appreciated.  The archives were not much help.  Thanks to all.
God Bless!!  Kathy V.