From:
Saskia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 07:54:09 Edt

Dear list,

Iately my bone creaking, especially in my hips, has become worse.  I recently
started a diet for low blood sugar and am reduced to only eating dairy and
veggies, some nuts for a short while.  Also my bloated belly seems a little
worse, and yet I have no obvious intestinal distress/much gas or real
difficulties in digesting.  Could I be reacting to the yoghurt/cheese--and
this in turn making my bones crack?  My belly could also be a drawn out
reaction to the recent gluten challenge--also prompting difficulties in
digesting the dairy/malabsorbtion--that's probably it, huh?  It's just that
it's difficult for me to like the idea of eating only veggies for a few
weeks.  Maybe I should get over it?  I feel so much better cutting the carbs,
and am a strict vegetarian, who unfortunately can't partake in the recent
boon for soy--there goes that fake hot dog!

Could my bone cracking (when I walk I go snap crackle POP!) be something
else, more serious?  It generally abates a bit after eating, and is
pronounced in the morning and when I'm really tired--deficiencies perhaps?  I
am taking a multi vitamin (twinlabs once a day with iron) plus vitamin c with
calcium/mag and started l-glutamine and l-tyrosine (my adrenals) and
quercetin with bioflavs for my allergies.

Any thoughts are very welcome, particularly from those with experience of
hypoglycemia (I am on the first week of the 'Krimmel Program').  I think I
have LBS from poor adrenal gland functioning.
 Is it nutritionally sound to just eat vegetables (yuck, what to do for
breakfast?!! anyone have a good recipe?) in all their spendor until my low
blood sugar stabalizes?  I am allowed some oats on this program but I am
nervous about contamination.  Why does rice have to be so high in carbs, ugh!!

Thanks,

Saskia