Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 21:00:54 EDT

    Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:07:30 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)  From:
"Consumer HelpDesk"  <[log in to unmask]>    Subject:: Gluten in
Breyer's Ice Pops
It is Good Humor-Breyers’ policy that when any of the eight most  common
allergens (milk, eggs, fish, wheat, tree nuts, peanuts, soybeans  and
crustaceans) occur in any of our products (including Klondike and
Popsicle brand products), they will be listed on the ingredient label in
plain language. Most importantly, if any of our products contain any type of nut
or nut by-product, it will be listed on the ingredient panel. We do not use
the  terms "All Natural" or "Artificial Flavorings" to hide the
existence of any  allergens. We also have special handling procedures
for all allergenic  ingredients used in our manufacturing facilities. GHB
does not have  dedicated production lines in our manufacturing facilities for
products  containing allergens. However, we do have a very strict
allergen-handling  policy. After manufacturing a product with peanuts,
the machine is  disassembled and flushed with a hot sanitizing solution for
several hours  followed by a hot water rinse. If a known allergen has
been produced, the  equipment receives a double process of the sanitation and
rinse  process.
Allergens- Gluten: We currently do not have a gluten list, and  are
recommending consumers read the ingredient label on our cartons. If
wheat, barley, or rye were used in a product, it would be clearly listed.
The flavorings may contain ethyl alcohol. We cannot guarantee from which
grain the alcohol was derived. The amount of flavoring and therefore ethyl
alcohol present in our products, coupled with the distillation process used to
obtain the ethyl alcohol will result in very low risk to those who are gluten
 intolerant. Thank you.<<<<

I have eaten these pops and have not had any  reaction. I am a very sensitive
celiac. I also eat the Popsicle brand ice pops  with no reaction.
Rosalie (NJ)