From:
Lynn Facey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:23:16 -0400

This is the last recipe for the time being.  The recipes are my regular
bread staples that I live on.  I was kind of fussy before becoming a celiac
so I like to keep things simple and easy.  As I mentioned before, I hate to
cook!!!

Best of luck with these - if I can make them, anyone can!!!

Lynn in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Biscuits or Dumplings

1 1/2 cups GF flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthum gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar

2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup milk (lactose free if necessary)

Mix dry together.  Mix wet together.  Pour wet over
dry and mix by hand.  It will be a sticky dough.

For biscuits, spoon dough onto greased cookie sheet.
I dip my fingers into some oil and rub the biscuits on the
top and sides until they are smooth.  Bake at 350 for
about 10-12 minutes or until browned.

For dumplings, spoon dough into a bubbling, hot stew
and cook for 10-12minutes.  I usually take the pot off
the stove and leave the cover on for another ten minutes
or so, just to make sure they are well cooked.

(GF mix is made up of 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch,
1/3 cup of tapioca flour. (Bette Hagman's mix.)  I mix up a big
container of this and then take 2 cups of it for the cake recipe.
Actually, I use this for a lot of things - when an old receipe
calls for regular flour, I substitute this mix.)