From:
Nikolena Moysich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nikolena Moysich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:34:28 -0700

"The only decent one is Tofutti sliced "American" or "Mozzarella".  It
actually does melt, and trust me, is the best around so far.  I use the
slices on sandwiches, and pizza."

"My son eats Tofutti brand but I haven't had the guts to taste it myself.
Luckily, he's only 2! He doesn't really know what "real" cheese tastes
like."

So, I emailed Tofutti and they told me they distribute through Azure
Standard (541) 467-2230. Azure is located in Dufor, Oregon. I called them
and found out The Red Barn orders Tofutti producs through them, so that's
where I'll start since it's right down the street from me. But I can also
order a case of tofutti cheese from the distributor (once I've tried it, of
course!). They're sending me their catalogue, which I'm quite excited
about.

Here's Tofutti contact info for any of you who want to try the same thing
in your areas:
Phone: 908-272-2400

I also got one response about "the formula," something to heal the gut so
it's possible to eat dairy again. "You need to be on "the formula"...with
each meal take one each l-glutamine and probiotics complex.  They heal the
gut within 5 months and the li disappears!"

I am not sure this applies in my case though since I think I have a
separate immune response to casein (that's what enterolab says, anyway). So
I guess in the meantime I better get some Tofutti cheese. Thanks, everyone
who told me about it!

 -Layna in Eugene, OR