From:
Howard Winfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Winfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:49:32 -0400

The celiac disease center at Columbia University has a newly launched
website:  www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.edu.  In addition, we offer an email
newsletter available by contacting [log in to unmask] We hope to field
questions that are not addressed on the website as well as provide up to
date information for people with celiac disease.
We have three goals at the Center.  They are:

1.      Patients care. There are now three physicians, adult
gastroenterologists, with expertise in celiac disease as well as several
pediatric gastroenterologists available for consultation. Ms. Anne Lee, our
expert nutritionist, is available for consultations.

2.      Research

3.      Education:  both patient and health care provider.  Educational
activities include a professional (CME) educational day - Oct. 22, 2004, and
Patient Education Day - Oct. 23, 2004. Programs and registration for these activities are available at:  www.ColumbiaCME.org

Hal Winfield RN