Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:41:39 -0700

I am at a loss, I have 2 children with blood sugar issues that I need to get
stable. Nothing outrageous, one I've seen swing between 40-217 and one were not
sure whats going on only that her fasting indicates pre diabetes but she's a
skinny little thing with no other signs other then extreme irritability and
every time she's shaky her BS is higher then it should be so I'm guessing she's
experiencing a rapid BS shift. All I know for sure is she's an absolute monster
when her sugars are messed up. Because neither kids sugars are above 200 for
morning fasting the Dr won't look into it and were a bit limited for Dr's in
this small town. I can deal with that but I'd much rather have stable, happy
kids rather then cranky ones when its as simple as keeping their BS stable.

I can not find a single dietitian who is familiar with a GF diet, in 10 years of
dietitians I found only 1 who knew anything about it beyond a book and thats
because her son was celiac. That was 10 years ago when we first went GF and
she's long moved on to other work. Everything I read on stabilizing BS talks
about whole wheat, dairy or nuts for snacks/meals. None of which we eat! We can
not be the only people in this position. Can anyone recommend books, websites or
maybe even a dietitian worth her salt that takes Medi-cal or takes WIC clients
near Bakersfield, CA?

Thank you,

Heather