From:
laura chris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
laura chris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 14:48:44 -0700

Hello,
Our 11 year old son has been treated as a Celiac for the last 6 years.  He has the DNA and other blood tests, etc.
He just had a biopsy done because he had stopped growing for 1 year and has had continued digestive upset.  He has been on prevacid for 2 years.
SO, the biopsy came back today and am dumbfounded that his doctor said he was fine, just curb having lactose.
This is what the report reads:
Biopsy of distal esophagus, portion of squamous esophageal mucosa with rare eosinophils identified.
Biopsy of Proximal esophagus, portion of squamous esophageal mucosa with less than one eosinophil per high power field identified.

Now I have tried to go and look in the archives and can not connect to the page.  I have researched on the web.  I am not a brain surgeon, but I'm not stupid either.  This doctor my son has makes me want to scream!
I think he has Barrett's syndrome and that my son needs follow-up care.  I say if he is occurring damage while taking Prevacid, then something else needs to be done A.S.A.P.
And he has had high calcium levels for years.

After the biopsy, but before we got the results we saw Dr. Amy Defelice who works with Dr. Green.  I faxed her the results this afternoon and have not heard from her yet.

Has anyone here had the same damage and what did you do?

We have been on and off the list (computer problems) for quite a while and we have learned so much from all of you.

We thank you in advance for any assistance.
laura & Chris