From:
Karen Burkhart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:55:13 -0800

 I ordered food by internet that has been sitting in NY for 7 days now
and who knows for how much longer. I don't know how many people are
aware of this problem but thought I would alert everyone. I just didn't
realize this was coming from Canada. I should have checked.  New FDA
food shipping regulations are in effect.  I first found the UPS notice
and then went to the FDA site to get more info. Mona's, also in Canada,
has quit delivering to the USA because she is not able to go thru the
process. Very unfortunate for us.

I had copied and pasted both notices and tried to send the whole thing
but the listserv wouldn't accept it so here are the websites to read the
notices. Be informed!

UPS

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/news/fda_food_reg.html

FDA