From:
Laura Johnson-Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 11:53:31 -0500

This recipe is my version of a dish that a friend of Ugandan/Indian
extraction used to make.  With the spices toned down, almost everyone likes
it! (I cut down the red pepper and eliminate the hot peppers when I serve
this to my parents, but if you like spicy food, you'll like it as is).

NAJMA'S FISH DINNER (MACHI PAKA)

1 lb. mild fish
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 hot peppers, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 can coconut milk (not the sweetened coco cream)
salt to taste
about 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper, or to taste
1 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. turmeric
lots of garlic
2 tbsp. lemon juice

Add all ingredients to a large skillet except for coconut milk and lemon
juice. Bring to a boil, then add coconut milk and lemon juice and simmer
until fish is done.  Serve with rice.

Laura Johnson-Kelly
Ithaca, NY, USA