From:
"Dr. Michael Wood, Chiropractor" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dr. Michael Wood, Chiropractor
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 07:43:29 +1100

Joan Harrington wrote:
"....Are you saying it is  possible to become more healthy with CD, or are
you suggesting a cure is  possible? ........"

I must make a clear disclaimer:

Professional ethics, legal restraints and practical reality all prohibit me
from giving any professional, medical  or health advice in this forum. So
I'll not do that. I am another human being with similar health experiences
to all of you. What I write is not to be taken as a professional opinion nor
advice.
simply MY EXPERIENCE, what has worked for me. Where necessary you should
seek your own professional or specific advice.

It is also clear that many on this list are much better informed than i
about many apsects
of  CD &  gluten intolerance. I have only been listed for 2 weeks. It
occurred to me that
some of you maybe able to gain from soem of the things that have worked for
me: My 12 steps.

Like all of you i have been wandering thru the 'maze', slowly but surely
discovering better ways. In the late 60's i slowly became aware that i
'felt better' when i didnt consume certain foods. Early ones incl. bread,
cakes,  biscuits
pasta ......etc. and alcohol. Further on milk and some related products were
added to my list.

Being a 'farm boy' it wasnt something i talked about a lot - for obvious
reasons.
The list grew longer. For a period i think i lived pretty much on apples &
water !!

Later, life became more complicated with children. More about that later.

I really dont recall anyone, professional or lay person mentioning  CD or
gluten intolerance bak then.  I presume like most of you, i found out what i
could &
could not eat by the tried & true:  TRIAL  &  ERROR.

Plus i learned that i could affect other changes, besides avoidance, that
slowly
made a diffrence. I will continue to elaborate on my '12 steps' as time
permits.

:} Keep smiling,  Michael