From:
Larry Pavlock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 15:05:25 -0500

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but I wanted to get this information
from
as official of a source as possible.  The quote below is from the Southern
Comfort product information:

     As the formula for Southern Comfort is a well-kept secret, we're
     unable to tell you the precise ingredients.  However, our product
     does contain neutral spirits, a high-proof product distilled from
     various grains, including corn, rye and/or malt.  While the
     distillation of the spirits makes it unlikely that anything more
     than trace amounts (if any) of these compounds appear in the final
     product, we cannot confirm it's relevance to a specific allergy
     without knowing the individuals tolerance level for specific
     compounds.

     I suggest you check with your physician to determine if it is safe
     for you to consume products made with neutral spirits.  If so,
     Southern Comfort should be no problem.

Larry Pavlock