From:
Lynn Facey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:07:59 -0400

Dear List Members,

I use the same recipe for the following things:  I hope I have explained it
well enough?!

They really are quite DELICIOUS!

Lynn in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada:)

Bread, Rolls, Hamburger Buns, Cinnamon Buns

* 2 cups GF flour
* 2 tsp. Xanthan gum
* 2 tbsp. Sugar
* 1 tsp. Salt
* 2 tsp. Yeast
Mix Well!

Combine:

* 3 eggs (put them in a cereal bowl in hot tap water -- you want them to
  be about room temperature, or luke warm)
* 1 1/8 cup lactose free milk
  luke warm -- test on wrist (if too hot it will kill the yeast)
  I heat it in the microwave for about a minute.
* 3 tbsp. Margarine (melted)
* 1/2 tsp. Vinegar

  Mix Well!

This can be mixed up by hand:

* Beat (knead) in mixer four about a half-hour.  Let it rise for about
30-60 minutes (or until it has doubled in size).

* Put it in a loaf pan or muffin tins.  To make hamburger buns, I have
stainless steel rings -- they are one inch high and about four inches in
diameter (I got them at Bass River Chairs -- or cut the top and bottom out
of a tuna fish can and clean well.  I cook them on an "Air Bake" cookie
sheet.

* I spray the pans with PAM before putting the bread dough in.

* Let them rise again, the same as before.  When letting the bread rise,
put it in a warm spot (i.e. in the sunlight, near a warm heater, etc.)
When letting the bread rise, cover it with wax paper.  When it has doubled
in size, it is ready to bake.

* The oven should be pre-heated to 350 degrees F.  A loaf of bread will take
longer to cook, depending on the size of the pan (30-60minutes).  Rolls (muffin
tins), or hamburger buns - cook for 5 minutes, turn and cook for 5 more minutes.
They should be done.  ENJOY!

* I slice the hamburger buns, wrap them individually in a paper towel, put
them in a freezer bag and pop them in the freezer until I need them.  (I
get nine hamburger buns.)

It can also be done in the bread machine:

* My machine calls for the wet ingredients first, followed by the dry. I
cook it on a rapid cycle (about 3 hours).  I also cook it on light.  Just
pour in the wet, dry on top, don=92t mix and close the machine and start.
ENJOY!

To make hamburger buns:

* Stop the machine after it has done the first long knead and rise (about
60 -- 90 minutes).  Take it out and put it in the pans as above.

* The oven should be pre-heated to 350o.  Cook for 5 minutes, turn and cook
for 5 more minutes.  They should be done.  ENJOY!

To make DELICIOUS cinnamon buns:

Mix together:
* 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
* 2 tsp. Cinnamon

* It will make 24 muffin size rolls.  Spray the muffin tins with PAM.
Sprinkle about a teaspoon or two of the sugar and cinnamon mixture into the
bottom of each muffin tin.

* Stop the machine after it has done the first long knead and rise (about
60 -- 90 minutes).

* Pour the bread dough into the sugar and cinnamon mixture and mix well.
Spoon the dough out evenly.  Place the tins in a warm spot and let them
rise until double in size.  About 30 -- 60 minutes or until doubled in=
 size.