Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 01:32:37 EST

I'm wondering what other people's blood test scores have been, sort of to see
how high they go.  I'm not sure which test my doctor did (I have a
doctor/medical stuff phobia and so avoid both at all costs, just getting the
blood test done took considerable bribing from my mother), but he said that
20 and under is usually a negative, 20 to 30 is a maybe and 30 and above is
usually a yes.  Mine was 70, and I want to know how bad that is compared to
others.  I don't know the test name, but perhaps you can tell by the way it
is scored.  My father also is a celiac so I just assumed that since I had the
family history and the blood test score, I would spare myself the pain of
further testing.  I feel it's confirmed because when I have had some
accidental gluten ingestion I do get quite sick.  I'm in college and while I
have had a year and a half to adjust to the new celiac diet, I haven't had
the time or energy to devote to full-out research on the subject.

Also, how long does it take for the brain fog to go away?  I have 1 semester
left before graduation and while I can keep floating along in college, I am
suspecting I will need to be at my full brain-power for the real world.

thanks,
Claire
(in S.C.)