From:
Simon Janes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 09:39:54 +0100

I am posting this on behalf of my wife who was diagnosed ceoliac in March
this year.

Having kept to a GF diet (bar one or two small mistakes) for 4 months she has
just discovered that her iron level is no higher than when she started.  Her
consultant has prescribed yet another course of iron injections and described
her as "an out of control ceoliac".  We feel that we are getting nowhere fast
and will continue going around in circles.

We thought that once on a GF diet she would see some improvement very
quickly.

Could it be that her intestine is permanently damaged and cannot now absorb
iron or is it that we need to be patient and hope that in time she will
start to absorb iron. The doctors seem content for her to carry on year
after year receiving a heavy course of iron injections.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Simon  & Vanessa Janes